CDs and other things

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Fri Nov 14 06:46:01 UTC 2003

Dear SW List and Valerie,

Thanks for your compliments on my English, on some days my head just becomes
fuzzy with too many languages trying to get the better of me :) and then I
am no longer sure if I am using the right combination of grammar and words
(I once talked to my mother who is Austrian in German but with Romanian
grammar!)...

Well, about the CDs - I am not worried (yet) that they have not arrived
until now. For air mail things it usually takes 1 - 3 months to get to our
place (both from Europe and the US). But also downloads in smaller units
might be a good option.

I am really looking forward to receiving the CDs though - our English - FSL
(Filipino Sign) Dictionary has about 190 entries so far and the Tagalog one
I am just working on, I think there will be more entries, because people are
using so many synonyms in spoken Tagalog, that we often need to enter 3 - 4
Tagalog words for one sign. The school we are living at encouraged us to
just use SW for all we teach the students - we are not quite there yet, but
we are sure working on it (part of this encouragement is that the principal
of the school feels the Deaf have to learn "correct" English and somehow he
feels less threatened by SW than by our approach to borrow words from
English and to write them in Sign grammar :)).

Have a good day,
Nana