SW List Listserve cannot accept PNG format....

Stuart Thiessen smt_sw at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Oct 3 00:51:37 UTC 2003

I am surprised at that.  I was under the impression that the encoding of
binary objects in email didn't make a difference.  Is it possible that they
have to tweak a setting (or two) to make that work?  I am curious for those
of you on the list who use other mailing lists not on this particular
listserv.  Does your listserv have the same problem with PNG?  I wonder if
we could find some feedback from those listserve administrators that would
help.  Maybe it would make it cheaper and easier if we could use PNG?  I
know that the Microsoft Photo Editor can do PNG.  That program comes with
the MS Office programs (which I only have because my RIM would only sync
with Outlook and a few other more expensive products).  Perhaps there are
other graphic products that are freeware that can do PNG?

Just wondering.

Stuart