SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT: SignWriting in SVG?

Thu Oct 16 19:52:18 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 16, 2003

Dear Guylhem, and everyone -
The SVG files that were generated by the Belgian programmers, Bart and
Steven, are based on one large folder that I posted on the web, filled
with 16,111 GIFs, that are the symbols stored in SymbolBank 2004...You
can download that folder anytime...That is what the Belgian team did,
and then they created the SVG...So yes...all BaseSymbols were included
in that folder...but please know everyone...I am not finished with the
SSS-2004...The SSS-2004 is not scheduled for release until March, 2004.
So the folder is only a portion of all the symbols...but I posted it so
the Belgian team would have something to test for SVG:

Download SSS-2004 (still under construction)
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads/sss2004.zip

Thank you once again, Steve and Bart, for the SVG. Now what do we do
with it? ;-)

Val ;-)