PUDL Dictionary has 4 signed languages...

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 1 07:41:41 UTC 2004

Brazilian Sign Language is not Portuguese Sign Language.  One is native to Brazil (Lingua de Sinnais Brasileira or LIBRAS) and the other is Lingua de Sinnais Portuguesa (native to Portugal).

Please use the following for Libras. Use LINGUA DE SINNAIS + BRAZIL

Now my Paint program is not working on the CD that stores my SW so I'm really stuck.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
March 31, 2004

Dear SW List -
I see that the PUDL dictionary now has four signed languages - That is
really great! Please see the attached diagram. It is a list on the PUDL
site, stating the names of the languages that are in the
dictionary...Are these the correct ways to sign the names of the four
signed languages? Is Brazilian Sign Language really Portuguese Sign
Language? Perhaps you can write the proper names of the signed
languages for all of us...that would be very interesting!