[sw-l] SW Email in Majordomo Archives

Sat Aug 7 16:59:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 7, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> However, I can't download attachments at the library and read this
> .png that you sent.  The other one's that were being bounced about I
> could read just fine but as a separate (non-imbedded) attachment, it
> doesn't open on the screen.

Hello Charles and Everyone -
OK. Well you can see that everyone is having different experiences. For
some people it is just the opposite...they cannot read embedded
graphics but they can read attachments...So we can't please
everyone...I wish we could!

I hope all of you will understand how complex computers are, and we are
lucky to have any communication at all! We had no email in SignWriting
just a few months ago, and now we have something - so we can slowly
improve it, based on the technology of the day...

Meanwhile, Charles, if you cannot read an attachment, there is a
wonderful solution. Did you know that the SW List has TWO Archives now?
And the new one, can read the attachments inside the email
messages...Go to:

New SignWriting Archive on Majordomo
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

This new Majordomo Archive displays the SignWriting Email in symbols,
but I have found you have to wait a minute while the Archive gets the
graphics from SignPuddle...so you open the message in the Archive and
wait a minute, and then the graphics appears!

The Majordomo Archive posts messages from yesterday and back...it takes
a day before messages are posted...