[sw-l] Sign Puddle

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 12 15:11:14 UTC 2004

Will IMWA be loaded into Sign Puddle soon?  I have handshapes that dont' exist in ASL that I want to load signs into the LIBRAS section.

Charles

Stefan Woehrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE> wrote:
Hello Stephen,

I am experimenting a little bit with uploading to the German Sign Puddle -
(since I am really interested to get it run on my computer offline - I
should learn as much as possible about the online SignBank - version ;-)) at
first??

can you please answer:

- Will you install the finger spelling on the German Sign Puddle as well?
- In Germany we use Umlauts , A, O, U - but right now the upload does not
accept that. I can help with a different spelling like ae, oe, ue but it is
difficult to work with.

- I understand that I am supposed to upload only .png graphics - are there
other limitations - in the US - Sign Puddle there is a gigantic entry which
makes me smile . A wonderful demonstration that there are almost no seize -
limitations? But before Valerie or you mentioned a seize as kind of standard
height - widths?

- If I am not informed about the absolute correct spelling the program would
not translate my gloss. Can you imagine to allow to open a different window
or search routine to browse through the list of entries without losing the
contact to the email-entry? (Know what I mean?? Sorry for my English)

- What do you think - Would it be a good idea to have the sw-list address

[sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]

as a standard in the " to whom - line" So if I would like to send the
SW-email privately I should change that ?
Or you can write the address next to the form so that it is easy to copy and
to paste??

Thanks for your contribution

Stefan ;-))