[sw-l] Sign Puddle email with imbedded graphics for all

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Mon Aug 9 17:18:55 UTC 2004

Hi Val,

The "Use Online Images" option will link to the images in the Sign Puddle
dictionary.  Emails can not be read offline if "Use Online Images" is
checked.  The images will only display when someone is connected to the
internet.  These images may also change if the dictionary images change.

The default for sending mail is to embed the images in the email itself.

I do not believe that anyone will have problems reading the SignWriting
emails with the new default.  If anyone is having problem, please tell me
now.  I will be using the same technique when I can accept SWML and SGN
files.  Then gloss will only be an option and not required.

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 6:41 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Sign Puddle email with imbedded graphics for all

SignWriting List
August 9, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> I think I finally have it. The images are imbedded in the email. So
> the SignWriting will appear online or offline; no broken graphics. And
> since the images are imbedded, changes to the ionary will not change
> the email.
> Imbedded graphics are the default. If you want to use the online
> images, you can check the "Use Online Images" option. I also added a
> comments field for the email. Now you can add comments after the
> SignWriting if you want. Let me know what you think.-Stephen

Stephen -
I think this is amazing. I love these changes you made....My two email
software programs...Netscape Mail and Mac Mail...both are viewing these
new messages beautifully on the Mac. But I do not know what other
people experience...plus...sending messages to the SW List can
sometimes change things too...if the List software is not happy, it can
bounce messages back to me, the manager of the List...and I am noticing
some new bounces from some List email addresses when I posted email to
the List, from the new SignPuddle..so I am going to find out slowly
what is happening with some of those email addresses on the
List...Could it be possible that some email software programs cannot
accept embedded images? That is the only problem I can imagine....

Other than that, this is a great improvement - I am curious when it is
good to check that box for Use online images, and when it is not?...
Val ;-)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---