[sw-l] left-handed or right-handed?

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Dec 7 19:09:39 UTC 2004

Sandy,

You have the choice between sss-1999 and sss-2004. I do not know of anyone
using sss-2002.

As of yet, there does not exist a conversion between sss-1999 and sss-2004.
So your choice might be made based on who you want to be compatible with. If
you choose sss-1999, you will be able to work with SignWriter Java and
SW-Edit. If you choose sss-2004, you will be able to work with SignPuddle,
SignText, and SignBank.

SignPuddle uses the complete IMWA.  When I downloaded the IMWA, I converted
all of the symbols to black & transparent.  You can access this symbolset in
gif or png format.
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/downloads/SSS-2004-gif.zip  7.3M
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/downloads/SSS-2004-png.zip  9.8M

Using the entire IMWA can be overwhelming.  I created a cheat sheet for
SignMaker.  View the file: http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US/keyIMWA.js.
This file analyzes the IMWA and creates a 4 dimensional array in Javascript.
This array made working with the IMWA much easier.  If you look at the file,
you will notice that I did not include the rotation in the array.  I did
this to reduce the size of the file from over 1MB to just under 14k.

-Stephen