Need Help From an ASL signer on the List...

Tue Feb 24 22:37:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 24, 2004

Dear SW List Members:
A few weeks ago, Stefan in Germany asked if someone could write the
"Happy Birthday Song" in ASL for us, in SignWriting? I am not an expert
on ASL, and if I wrote it, the ASL signs would be in English
word-order, and we all know that is not true ASL...

So Stuart, or Adam, or any other ASL signer on the List....I am writing
to ask a favor....

Can you write "Happy-Birthday-To You" in ASL grammar for us?

Type it in SignWriter DOS and post the sentence to the List. If you
cannot make a graphics file yourself, then send the SGN file to me and
I can convert it for you. Or you can do it yourself, by exporting the
file in SignWriter DOS. That will create a BMP. Send me the BMP
(smile)....

I hope someone will respond!

I am very curious myself (smile)...