AW: Greek sign name for "Greece"

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sat Feb 28 20:27:36 UTC 2004

Hi Valerie,

attached you find the sign for Griechenland (Greece) as the DEAF use it here
in Germany -

Stefan;-))

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Im Auftrag von
Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Februar 2004 15:50
An: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Betreff: Greek sign name for "Greece"

SignWriting List
February 28, 2004

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> Deaf German signers told me that the icon on the map ( Who uses ... )
> is not the original sign that is used within the Deaf community in
> Greece- Can you post or describe your variation of "Greece" as it is
> used in your area?? Thanks, Stefan;-))

Dear SW List, and Stefan!
You are right. The attached sign, which represents Greece on our web
site at the moment, is our old sign for Greece here in the US.
Sooo...if your Deaf German signers know the sign used in Greece, please
send it to us, since I do not have contact with the Greek person who
gave me the files...He is in the Greek army, and it has been over two
years since we communicated...Anyone know the international sign for
GREECE? Val ;-)