New SignBank Posted for Download

Mon Feb 23 16:59:52 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
February 23, 2004

Dear SW List Members!
Yesterday I posted a new version of SignBank on the web. It is ready
for download. Go to:

SignBank Download
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads

This new SignBank-US database is based on the SSS-US, with 80
handshapes that are used in ASL. It now includes 250 ASL signs and
illustrations for children (50 signs more than before). Most
importantly, the programming of the database has been improved.

In order to make a smaller download, I have separated the SignWriting
Library Database into a separate file. That file is not ready yet, but
you can still download and enjoy using SignBank without it....

ENJOY!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org