[sw-l] Hinge Hand 01-05-036

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 12 15:18:14 UTC 2004

Where did I get SSS 41?

Off the SSS-US chart.  It is number 41 in the listing.  It's graphic number is

www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0120-SSS-US.pdf

01-05-026 as you said.

I am still trying to understand the rotation as the symbol seems to be lefthanded on the sign in the PUDL list.

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
June 12, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> This looks, to me, like the Hinge Hand (SSS 41), not the "g" hand
> (Thumb-finger Open hinge (SSS 74) I have seen before.  If it is the
> "Hinge" hand, then the sign is either lefthanded, or the right hand is
> really twisted around because of the thicker fingers on the right side
> of the chin.

Dear SW List, and Charles:
Yes. That is the Hinge Hand...Please see the attached diagram.

The Hinge Hand is 01-05-036...smile...

Where did you get the number SSS 41? Just curious...Val ;-)