[sw-l] Embedding signs from PUDL inside email messages...

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 12 19:04:35 UTC 2004

PUDL signs.  I simply went to pudl, right-clicked on the mouse "copy", then went back to the email message and went to Edit - Paste.  As I'm in HTML, it read the PUDL software as Java Script and imbedded the graphic right in the line with the text.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 12, 2004

Adam Frost wrote:
> Yes! How? I am stumped.
> Adam
-------------------------------

Dear SW List and Adam...
I am learning about the difference between attaching a graphics file at
the end of an email message, and attaching the graphics file inside the
middle of an email message (called embedding the graphics file). For
example, if I want to place a diagram inside this email message, like
this one...

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=NewHand1.jpg; x-mac-type=4A504547; x-unix-mode=0644; x-mac-creator=3842494D

I keep my cursor in the middle of the paragraph where I want to insert
the graphic, and then I choose Attach File, and then the graphic is
inserted or embedded inside the paragraph, rather than attached at the
end of the paragraph....

At least that is the way the Mail program works on the Mac. What about
other email software? Does it work the same for all of you?

The next question is...how did Charles do this with the PUDL signs?...