[sw-l] Sign Puddle: single language version of PUDL's dictionary

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Thu Jul 22 21:27:58 UTC 2004

Hi Val,

Deafvision offers PHP 4 support for every account type.  The lowest account
in $10 a month.

Most web hosting services offer PHP support.

If you wanted to use a web hosting service the install instructions would
be:
1) Get an account created
2) Paste the code

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:45 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Sign Puddle: single language version of PUDL's
dictionary

SignWriting List
July 22, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> So the install instructions are:
> 1) Install Apache with PHP support.
> 2) Install the GD Graphics package if you want to be able to create
> signs
> with point and click.
> 3) Paste the Sign Puddle code.

Hello Everyone, and Stephen and Stefan!
THANK YOU, Stephen, and we will not let Sign Puddle (or the current
features on the PUDL site) die. I plan to have all of it on our
SignWriting web sites in some way, in the future. I just have to learn
a little about PHP which is new to me. So your work will live on....
Later I would like to write a history page about your contributions and
how it blossoms over the years...

Regarding learning how to post web sites using PHP...I know that I can
place PHP on my webserver here in my office, because I already have
Apache installed because of our FileMaker webserver that runs on
Tomcat. And with Dan Parvaz's help, I am sure we will be up and running
someday...

But I remember you told me that you found a web service that can post
PHP web sites for you?...without having Apache installed on your own
computer? As you know, I also have several web sites posted on
DeafVision. The only reason I had to get a second webserver in my home
with Apache is because DeafVision was not able to provide the FileMaker
capabilities for us, so I had no choice to do something on my own for
the FileMaker online databases...

But if there are web services out in the world that offer PHP services,
then perhaps that would be an answer for Stefan Woehrmann in Germany,
who is not serving his web site from his own computer, but posts it on
a public webserver....Are there PHP web services? And are there any you
would recommend? In Germany? smile....

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.