[sw-l] DVD formatting around the world...;-)

Sat Jul 31 04:38:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 30, 2004

Dear Stuart, Stefan and Jerry!
Many thanks for explaining all this to us! There are two issues I
guess. The first is the video format, such as PAL or NTSC...and the
second is how the DVD is made, such as MPEG2...so there are multiple
formats combining and that certainly gets complex....Take a look at the
attached graphic. This is a screen capture of settings in a program
that I use for creating DVDs. The program is called iDVD on the
Macintosh. As you can see, you can choose to make the DVD in NTSC or
PAL format...So Stefan, look in the Properties of your DVD software to
see if you can save it as an NTSC? Then I bet I can play it...So sorry
for all this...I wish the world was more unified...Maybe someday we
will be!  Val ;-)