The Sutton TrueType Fonts

Sat Jun 5 01:08:12 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 4, 2004

The Sutton TrueType Fonts
Designed by Michael Everson in Fontographer

The Sutton Fonts are the result of a collaboration with Michael
Everson. Michael is the TrueType designer, but Michael was on the phone
with me frequently, designing the fonts with my constant input...so we
were a true team. And the goal was to develop TrueType fonts that would
be useful right now, as fingerspelling fonts, but could also be used
someday, as a part of the Unicode groups of fonts...so we were trying
to benefit two projects simultaneously. We created fingerspelling fonts
for around 18 signed languages, plus, we started creating other fonts
too, for Unicode, including a series of Facial Expression fonts...so I
will share those with you next message...

Here is an example the Sutton Font for Spanish Sign Language
fingerspelling, called Sutton ES: