The Sutton TrueType Fonts

Sat Jun 5 01:19:42 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 4, 2004

The Sutton TrueType Fonts
for Facial Expressions....partially finished...

Michael and I started developing fonts for Facial Expressions, to be
used someday for Unicode. An example is attached. Michael did an
excellent job, but I was trying to experiment with a thinner line for
the circle, so we could fit more facial symbols inside one circle...but
I got frustrated that the thickness of the circle could vary so much,
depending on what size type it was, so there are quite a number of
picky details that still need to be designed in the Sutton Faces
fonts....There are a lot of them...we are at the 8th face font right
now, and did not get all the pieces...This is the very reason why I got
a little overwhelmed with the Unicode job...because of so many tiny
symbols and checking to make sure that all of them are properly sized
to relate to each other, whether they be reduced or enlarged...So if
there are people who will work with Unicode someday, I will be happy to
give you all the fonts that I have, and perhaps you can continue where
we left off!...Here is an example of one Sutton Face Font...