Vertical Songs?

Adam Frost seniorafrost at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 19 03:20:08 UTC 2004

With all this discussion about vertical writing, it reminds me of a
questions that I had a while back. Well, it was more of a thought of wonder
than a question, but a question nonetheless. How would you write songs
vertically? I know that you can put numbers on the side just like you would
put number on the top is writing the song horizontally, but the question I
am asking is how would you write the actual music with vertical writing. I
am a musician, and I would love to write a songbook with the music and SW
together. Writing horizontally would lose the flow of signing, as the Deaf
Staff had said, but writing vertically would be a challenge for the music
staff. If you have any ideas, that would be great. (Just a few things that I
brainstorm at night when I can sleep, which is often. SMILE!)

Adam