Imrpoved Search for PUDL's Open Dictionary

Thu Mar 11 15:22:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 11, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> I don't know if you would consider it, but your adding process is so
> easy to use, having a template for other signed languages, such as
> Libras, being entered in the same process, would help a lot.  Since
> you have opened up your effort for ASL, is there a way to create a
> parallel database for Libras, UK, etc.?  It would give the
> multilinguistic community a way to upload quickly.  I am not sure what
> Valerie is doing, but what you are doing is so simple to use for now,
> it's great.  I'm sure that her effort will read both directions, from
> spoken language to signed language, and, indexed by SSS, from sign
> language to spoken language.

Sw List and Charles -
The PUDL Dictionary Online is for ASL for the Pittsburgh Deaf
Community. We are very lucky that Stephen was willing to share it with
us. So why not help make the ASL dictionary larger? At least one
dictionary will become large...and that is a big start!

PUDL ASL Online Dictionary
http://www.pudl.info/dictionary/search.php

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite