Searching SignWriting Signs demo

Steven Aerts steven.aerts at UA.AC.BE
Tue Mar 23 21:49:13 UTC 2004

> Aanrakingen
> Selecteer de aanrakingen die met het te zoeken gebaar overeen komen:
>
> Does this mean?
>
> 1. Contacts
> Select the Contact Symbols associated with the gesture you are
> searching for...
>
> or does it mean...
>
> 2. Location
> Select the location, or area of the body, that is being contacted...
It is the second one.  On the right side you can select the zones which are
contacted during the sign.  When you click on one of those zones you can
choose the corresponding touch in the next screen.
On the left side you can select the hand-forms used during the sign.

I have included an example:
In query.png I searched for a sign with two index fingers and one with a
handform with the first two fingers bend,  with a contacted head and two
handforms which rub each other.
I have also included the result for the query: the Flemish symbol for a razor.

I hope I made it clear,

        Steven