Belgium: Handshape symbols used for searching...

Fri Mar 26 18:53:50 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 26, 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 9:50 AM, Steven Aerts wrote:

>> 1. I cannot get the contact stars to appear on the stick figure's
>> body...What am I doing wrong? I find the handshape I want. I then
>> click
>> on the hand of the stick figure. I then choose a contact star, and
>> that
>> takes me back to the search page...but no star appears on the stick
>> figure. I then push the Search button, and it seems to find all the
>> signs with that handshape and contact star...but the stick figure
>> itself never shows the contact stars like your diagram did...
> This is probably a browser caching problem.
> I have altered the code a bit, does it work by now?
> I know you are using a netscape browser but are you able to tell me
> the exact
> version?

Actually I never tried it in Netscape before. I was using Internet
Explorer...So the problem was with Internet Explorer... Here is a
summary...I just tested it in Safari (web browser for the Macintosh),
Internet Explorer on the Mac and Netscape on the Mac...

1. Internet Explorer 5.2.3 Macintosh
Problem here. The contact symbols still do NOT show up on this browser,
even after your changing the code...

2. Safari Browser for the Macintosh
Yeah! Success. No problem here...they show up ;-)

3. Netscape Navigator for Macintosh
Yeah! Success. No problem here....they show up ;-)

I love Opera, but I don't have a copy of that browser on my computer at
this time...I can test Internet Explorer on Windows if you want, but I
have to start Virtual PC and will get back to you -