Voting on PUDLs dictionary

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Sat Mar 27 01:11:56 UTC 2004

Hey Bill,

I'm not too discouraged.  I'm happy with what the dictionary is and does.
Many of the elements you listed could be included in the definition field.
I hope it is good enough for now.

The current dictionary is about done.  But if PUDL is ever incorporated, and
the dictionary project is funded, the dictionary software will need to
include many of the items you listed.

In the future, I may try and put together the design for a real dictionary
and post it on the website for feedback.

The main requirements I have for the dictionary are...
- The signs are sorted according to the SSS
- The definitions for the signs are in SignWriting
- There is an ASL gloss index

My current dictionary does not yet sort signs according to the SSS.  I know
how I will do that, but that's for another day.

I would also like to package many of the existing utilities I have and make
them available for download so that others could easily add SignWriting to
their website using the same tools I use.

Anyway, thanks for the comments,
-Stephen
www.pudl.info