Voting on PUDLs dictionary

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Sat Mar 27 13:48:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List <SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA> skriver:
>SignWriting List
>March 26, 2004
>
>Stephen Slevinski wrote:
>> Speaking of help, those 33 versions need to be renamed.  For help_3, I
>> created a challenge to rename it to help-you.  You voted against that
>> and
>> suggested I-help-you.  But now I'm considering me-help-you.  This is
>> not an
>> exact science.
>>
>> Word to sign is a very messy business.
>
>--------

Yes, it is. But I think that even if English, as Norwegian, has the 'I'
first in this sentence, it should not be so in the dictionary. The look-up
word should be 'help'. And wes should strive to write the English (or
Norwegian ) correctly, exept when glossing. Thus, in my oponion, the name
of this sign should be HELP_I_help_you. Then the logic of looking these
signs up would be main sign - subject - object.

Ingvild