PUDL: Graphs with 40 Group Symbols...tiers of visual choices...

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Tue Mar 23 08:51:45 UTC 2004

Hi Val,

You asked why our numbers are off a little?  So let me explain if you are
interested.  The easy answer is I let my program figure out what to display
and what you see is what it gives.  If you want the detail, look out below.

Our numbers are different because my program is showing the first sign for
each Category and Group.

Your group 37 is shown as 3 Category/Groups:
05-03 ShoulderHip Move Wall Plane
05-04 ShoulderHip Move Floor Plane
05-05 Torso Movement

Your group 39 is shown as 2 Category/Groups:
09-01 Movement Quality
09-02 Movement Timing

For your group 38 (Category/Group 06-01 Arm Elbow Wrist), we use different
symbols.  My program simply chooses the first symbol: 06-01-001-01-01-01,
while your group 38 uses symbol: 06-01-001-01-02-04

I could make a series of special exceptions so that we match; however, I
would have to make the changes for each and every SSS.  The differences will
not cause any problems, so I do not plan any changes.

-Stephen Slevinski
www.pudl.info