[sw-l] Happy Thanksgiving Holiday in US!

Thu Nov 25 01:54:43 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 24, 2004

Dear SW List!
Tomorrow is a holiday in the US, called Thanksgiving. We eat a lot and
say thanks for our good fortune! I feel very fortunate to know all of
you. Thank you for being with us!

Attached is a Thanksgiving Card. The signs say Happy Thanksgiving.
There are several ways to sign Thanksgiving in ASL...this sign is for
Turkey...Turkeys are usually the feast we eat on Thanksgiving...The
sign for Turkey starts near the chin, I guess representing the red skin
that hangs down under the Turkey's chin, and then the hand moves down
to the chest and touches twice...This is Darline and Kevin's sign for
Turkey...

What are your signs for Turkey? not only in ASL but in other Sign
Languages?...

Happy Turkey Day, everyone! Val ;-)