[sw-l] Sign Puddle: SPANISH

Wed Oct 20 15:58:57 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 20, 2004

Dear SW List, James and Dan -
There are three ways to type with the accents and other symbols you
need, in any spoken language using the Roman Alphabet...James...Your
option should be number 3 below....

1. Use an operating system that is built for the country and language
...For example, if you were in Spain, and were using the operating
system that is in Spanish, then you would have no problem - smile...I
know that is not your situation, James...

2. Learn the hidden key-strokes that will give you those symbols, while
using the US keyboard...and I can teach you those hidden
key-strokes...every symbol is available to you...even if you are using
a US keyboard...

3. Learn to change countries in your operating system...On the Mac, we
have a choice. We can change to many different keyboard designs, for
different languages...And you can do that too, in Windows...

Please write again, James, to tell me which operating system you are
using...Are you using Windows 98, or XP? Then I can give you specific
instructions as to how to change languages and keyboards....Val ;-)