[sw-l] Sign Puddle: SPANISH

Wed Oct 20 16:03:39 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 20, 2004

Dan Parvaz wrote:
> Are those accents displayed equally across all platforms? If so,
> problem
> solved before it was even a problem :-)

Yes. That's right! It is not a problem to type those special symbols.
Unicode is not necessary, if you are using a spoken language that uses
the Roman Alphabet...like Spanish, French, German and so forth...

I will be happy to teach you how to get the special symbols when you
are typing...I have this knowledge because I had to create 17 keyboards
for SignWriter DOS, and I learned the ins and outs of computers on this
subject...

It changed over the years, so now there are three solutions rather than
two...I will teach this as soon as I get information from James...I
need to know what his operating system is in Windows...once I know that
I can give him specific instructions for his operating system, plus I
can teach you how to do it on the Mac as well...

So James...what is your operating system?...