[sw-l] SWDB - Linguistic SignWriting Database

rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR
Fri Oct 22 17:07:33 UTC 2004

Sandy,

  Gladly to us, you read the schema wrongly :-)

  Translations can be in any number of sign languages (and any number of
oral languages too :-)

  And signs are identified sequentially by numbers. That is, they are not
identified by gloss, not even for basic search: signs have to be search
as signs.

  Sign languages treated as languages in themselves in context of
computational systems has been my major concern even before I met
SignWriting. By the way, that is the reason I started to search for
something like SignWriting, before I knew it :-)

  All the best,

  Antônio Carlos