[sw-l] Charles: You can type Portuguese accents...

Tue Oct 26 14:15:04 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 26, 2004

Charles and Stuart -
Thank you, Stuart for this suggestion. I realize now that I was
probably creating problems for everyone by suggesting learning how to
type other languages, while still in the English keyboard...but at
least you know it can be done, on both Windows 98 and Windows XP, and
on the Mac...so the operating systems of the world are trying hard to
solve this problem for people...that was all I was trying to say! And I
have found the Language Bar very useful when I type email in other
languages, for example...

You know, I think Charles' idea is rather clever..He types the words
with the accents in another program, like Microsoft Word, and then
pastes the words with the accents into the definitions field, when
making signs with SignMaker and adding them to the SignPuddle
dictionary...If that works, it works!

Val ;-)