[sw-l] Typing SW rather than using a mouse

Signuno signuno at YAHOO.FR
Wed Oct 6 14:35:07 UTC 2004

 --- Charles Butler <chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM> a écrit
:
> Thinking out loud.
>
> It would be kind of strange if at the end of the day
> you had something like,
>
> "jku,m fm,tm" or a syllabary in Roman letters and
> punctuation for the keystrokes of sign language.

Strange yes, but that's what it's like in Asia I
think.

Better than a keyboard could be:
* (pressure sensitive) tablet and pen
* interface like SignMaker, but optimized to each sign
language
* pen gesture recognition
* no azerty/qwerty/etc keyboard required

> We are needing to try all sorts of layouts and input
> methodologies to ensure SW independence of method.

I agree!