[sw-l] Query on IMWA

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 18 16:51:48 UTC 2004

I've created the above sign for "mato" (woodland/jungle) using the SignMaker program.  I cannot seem to find just a "straight arm" for the right hand.  Has the variation that just shows the elbow without the connection to the upper body line disappeared?

With the upper body line in place, one cannot see the orientation on the hand as clearly as in the old system as it visually goes right through the hand (which is the reason I've sort of "rested" it on top).

Help!

Charles

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
October 18, 2004

Vettori Chiara wrote:
> I've just become an editor of the Italian dictionary.
> Thank you Valerie! My thanks go to Stephen too :-)
> Chiara

Dear SignWriting List, and Chiara!
WELCOME as the first Editor of the Italian Sign Language Dictionary
online...

I sent an invitation to Chiara Vettori to start a new Sign Puddle for
Italy...Chiara's prsentation at the Lisbon workshop, along with Oliver
Streiter and others, gave me a better understanding of their project,
which plans to use SignWriting in the future. You can read about their
presentation in Lisbon:

http://signwriting.org/forums/software/lisbon/lisbon05.html

Welcome Chiara, to the SignWriting List too! If you need Tech Support,
just write to the SW List, and we will answer any questions!

Val ;-)

--------------------------------

SIGNWRITING LIST

1. POST MESSAGES TO SIGNWRITING LIST
SW-L at MAJORDOMO.VALENCIACC.EDU

2. READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/sw-l.html
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

3. CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST EMAIL SETTINGS
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

4. NEED HELP? Go to:

or write to:

Valerie Sutton