[sw-l] SW-Edit

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Oct 24 12:31:04 UTC 2004

Hi Antônio Carlos and All!

When I was using SW-Edit this morning to prepare these examples for Val, I
discovered the context menus, which made me realise how powerful this editor
really is.

Unfortunately, it only seems to be about 99% complete. Missing features are:

  -  multi-language facilities (even with English language selected, the
tooltips, some of the error messages and the context menus are all still in
Portuguese);

  -  I can use the documents but I can't get the dictionaries to work
(clicking on the binoculars causes the program to crash, and there's nothing
in the user guide about how to use the dictionary features).

It's a shame to leave this with 1% of essential functionality missing, when
it's so close to being a 100% useable, and powerful, editor.

If you later added keyboard keys it could be Stefan's SW-DOS replacement!
Even better, in fact, because it writes its files in SWML and so us fringe
programmers could write some helpful utilities!

Sandy