[sw-l] A spock handshape?

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Wed Sep 29 18:21:38 UTC 2004

Hi Val,

Version numbering and patches...

We currently use IMWA version 1.0: major version 1, minor version 0.  Why do
you want to jump to version 2.0 with the IMWA?  I think it would make sense
to use IMWA 1.1, since you will be adding to the IMWA, not chaning it
fundamentally.

With version numbers, you can also add a patch number at the end.  Patches
are not full releases and should not require all of the associated
documentation.

With Sign Puddle, I can use new symbols as fast as you can give them to me.
We have talked about adding new symbols incrementally, so here is my
suggestion.

IMWA 1.0.1 - spock handshape patch
This patch would be a zip folder containing only 6 symbols.  No addditional
documentation.

The next patch would be IMWA 1.0.2.  This could be dance or mime or any
other symbols that are needed.

When you have enough patches added to warrent a new minor version, you can
create all of the associated documentation and define IMWA 1.1.

I can have patches up and running with Sign Puddle in a matter of minutes.

Just thinking out loud.  I know you have a lot of your plate.
-Stephen