[sw-l] a question

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Tue Apr 19 15:11:39 UTC 2005

One general rule I have found for handshapes (which I am sure has its
exceptions) is that the "half" or side view handshapes tend to follow
the shape of the "white" or palm-facing handshape. That is one rule I
have used to remember the "half" handshapes.  When I am teaching my
students, I use the whiteboard and I write the handshape and then put
my hand up against it.  Most of the time, you can see the relationship
between the symbol and my hand on the board.  That helps my students
... so far. I have much further to go before I am an expert, but that
is my 2 cents worth.

Thanks,

Stuart