[sw-l] your sign for the Pope

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 5 21:35:33 UTC 2005

Bishop_2 looks better but how can I tell that it is not a facial expression of a kiss and the "back of the hand" (however awkward) touching the chest?

Is there not a definitive (meaning ONE way only) way to show a finger is being kissed rather than laying against the chest?  How would one, for example, show someone kissing their hand to "blow a kiss".  It's the awkward point of covering the face with the hand.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
April 5, 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:42 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> Speaking of which, I put up a sign for "bishop" on the ASL SignBank,
> and I'm not sure if it is showing what I want. One is supposed to be
> showing "kiss the ring finger" but I'm not sure if the facial
> expression or the contact information is correct.  I don't know how to
> show contact on a spread hand of just the ring finger.

Here are two more possible versions: