[sw-l] your sign for the Pope

Tue Apr 5 21:55:34 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 5, 2005

I assumed that the sign we wrote was covering the mouth...if it is
really down at the chest, then it would not be so close to the Facial
Circle. Plus it is pretty hard to get the back of the hand to really
touch the chest....If a person wanted to write a sign touching the
collar bone under the shoulders, you wouldn't write the Facial Circle
but instead the shoulder line and again it would be hard to have the
back of the hand touching under the shoulders wouldn't it?...so all
three example would look different to me...I assumed it was kissing the
ring with the lips touching the fourth finger...For everyday use this
is enough information, Charles. of course for research there are ways
to circle the section of the finger, not only the section but whether
it is top, side , inside or under the finger as well...but is that
really necessary for everyday writing? I haven't placed finger location
symbols in the IMWA yet.... Val ;-)