Sign for Tokyo

Thu Aug 11 16:11:47 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 11, 2005

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Hm...
> I read the right sign (the one from Northern Ireland) as the two
> hands doing oposite movements (left hand going diagonally up while
> right hand is is going diagoanlly down, and vice versa) ps: the
> sign we were shown in Maastricht had one straight up movement, both
> hands at the same time

Hi Ingvild!
The sign to the left was written in Japan. It shows two movements up
diagonally at the same time.

And you are correct about the sign from Northern Ireland to the
right......The right hand is going down-up-down and the left hand is
going up-down-up...so it is not only even, but alternating...two very
different signs...for sure!

And I guess you have a third? smile...lots of variations of similar
signs...