Why Sign Writing?

eyasu tamene eyasuh at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 17 06:01:17 UTC 2005

Dearest Val, all

I am curius to know new things I think that is way I became interested in SW.  As to my knowledge Hearing impaired people are using the hearing ones. They don't have their own writing system.  Haven't you every defended saying what if , if they continue using the existing writing system? What big challenge of the hearing impaired people was resolved as a result of Sign Writing? Weren't they comfortable, is it a question of equality....?  I would be happy if Val of any one in the list become interested in Sign Writing to tell me why you became interested.

Eyasu

http://mail.yahoo.com