Why Sign Writing?

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Aug 17 14:28:38 UTC 2005

I became interested in SW because I found out that teaching Polish Sign Language to hearing students is hard work if you don't have any written materials related to PJM :-).
Lucy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: eyasu tamene
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:01 AM
  Subject: [sw-l] Why Sign Writing?

    Dearest Val, all

    I am curius to know new things I think that is way I became interested in SW.  As to my knowledge Hearing impaired people are using the hearing ones. They don't have their own writing system.  Haven't you every defended saying what if , if they continue using the existing writing system? What big challenge of the hearing impaired people was resolved as a result of Sign Writing? Weren't they comfortable, is it a question of equality....?  I would be happy if Val of any one in the list become interested in Sign Writing to tell me why you became interested.

    Eyasu

  http://mail.yahoo.com