in-between

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 19 17:17:11 UTC 2005

>From the video, the movement itself goes into the armpit three times.

That would be in-between 3 times to me.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
August 19, 2005

Contact Symbols continued...

What does Touch-Touch mean? It means the movement of touching twice.
No other movement arrows are needed with Touch-Touch, because Touch-
Touch is a Movement Symbol in its own right...It works all by itself.

What does ...Touch-Touch Between Two Surfaces... mean? It means that
no other movement arrows are needed. The Touch-Touch-Between-Two-
Surfaces, is the same movement of Touch-Touch, except that it is
between two surfaces while it is doing the Touch-Touch movement.

So would I place a ....Touch-Touch Between Two Surfaces...under the
armpit for the sign for SKOLA in Czech Sign Language? No. Because I
believe that the movement is NOT Touch-Touch. It is a single Touch-
Between while other movement is doubled or tripled... So no double
Touch-Betweens unless the movement itself touches the arm pit twice...