Deaf opposition to SW

Sat Aug 6 19:16:10 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 6, 2005

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> but I do think SW will be accepted in Northern Ireland very soon
> - but we need to ask a trainer to come over and train my people how
> to do it
> - I know they will do it shall they be given the right teacher.
> Shane of Belfast

Hello Shane, Stefan, Ingvild and Everyone!
Years ago, Ingvild traveled to Dublin, Ireland, to teach SignWriting
to a group there. That is how Patrick Matthews and others learned
SignWriting, and as you know, that has led to more books using
SignWriting now...So perhaps Ingvild, or others, can come to teach in
Belfast...That would be great!

Or you can take advantage of my offer of my time, and start asking me
questions right now. Or ask Stefan on email - you will learn step by
step and later be happy you did...You can learn on your own and
become the first in Belfast to know basic SignWriting... smile...The
SignWriting List is free, as you know! And the Lessons are visual on
the web and do not require that much English...besides...you know
English, Shane!.....Val ;-)