SignWriting in Japan

Wed Aug 10 07:15:45 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 10, 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 7:42 PM, midori at a.tsukuba-tech.ac.jp wrote:
> Anyway, thank you for letting us join the EUROPEAN symposium. We
> had a great time with the people there. I have known of the
> existence of SignWriting for a long time, but I didn't know how it
> practically works. It seems it is making a huge progress owing to
> the new computer technology.

Hello Midori and team from Japan!
Have you been in contact with other people in Japan who use
SignWriting? Mark Penner, perhaps? I believe he told me that he had
written to you. And there are also others, if you would like to
create a Japanese SignWriting network, of sorts...;-)

Some links you probably already know:

SignWriting in Japan
http://www.SignWriting.org/japan

and...

Japanese SignPuddle
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-JP

Have you added signs to the Japanese SignPuddle before?