Welcome SignWriting Member, 2005-2006!

Wed Aug 10 14:56:33 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 10, 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 2:34 AM, Nana Dumitra wrote:
I am still thinking about the private lesson. That was a great
surprise!! Probably it will be something with using SW with DOS box
on Windows xp. I do have XP now and need to get DOS box downloaded.
Once I have it I will probably have a clearer idea what my needs are.
Or maybe Signbank? I will think about it some more and then let you
know, but in the meantime: Thank you very much!

----------------------

Hello Nana!
You do not have to have a lesson if it is not right for you, plus
there is no rush at all...Just an offer.

And unfortunately, Nana, I cannot teach you DosBox, since I do not
use it. I run SignWriter DOS directly in PC DOS, on Virtual PC on a
Mac, and I have never used DOS Box myself, because I don't need it...

My lessons are on the symbols themselves...on SignWriting, or
Movement Writing.

It is very easy to have a private lesson with me. You don't have to
think up a lesson at all...You send me one of your SignWriting
documents, and I will correct it privately. Then I can call you, or
we can write back and forth, discussing the different symbols and why
I might write a few signs differently...

Here are some of the topics I can teach:

Private Lessons with Valerie Sutton on writing movement
http://www.signwriting.org/catalog/member/mem006.html