email lessons

Sun Aug 21 22:01:56 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 21, 2005

Well described, Ingvild, and I bet there are times when all of these
communication-modes seem to loose their boundaries. Sometimes it must
be hard to know where Mouthing stops and loan-signs begin, etc
etc...And you are right about fingerspelling in ASL...I would prefer
Mouthing any day! I have trouble reading other peoples' fast
fingerspelling in ASL...It is the surest way for other Deaf people to
know I am non-Deaf...is the fact that I cannot read fingerspelling
well...Fingerspelling is the way they bring in English words into ASL
- that is correct. Very interesting discussion!

Val ;-)