NORWAY signs for Christmas

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 2 06:24:06 UTC 2005

Yule is the word for "wheel" in Old English and is specifically the turning of the year in the Wiccan religion, so yes, she guessed the etymology correctly.

  Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
      SignWriting List
  November 30, 2005

  I am so glad that Shane posted a message in response to your message, Ingvild, because for some reason, I didn't see it in my email box...Thanks for these Norwegian signs for Christmas...interesting about the word Yul in Scandinavian spoken languages...I would have thought the sign to the right was representing a circular wreath on the door...which we do here in the US at Christmas time...smile...Val ;-)