FRENCH What are SKIN WRINKLES?

Thu Dec 8 17:35:08 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
December 8, 2005

Juliette Dalle in France wrote:
> Could you help me?  The SW lessons in French aren't complete, I
> suppose that when Anne-Laure translated the SW lessons, these
> symboles weren't created yet. There are any sybmoles which I don't
> know the meaning. See the picture. Could you explain me about it?

Hello Juliette and Anne-Claude!
Ok. In the Lessons in SignWriting in English, they are on this web page:

Mouth Symbols
http://signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/150%20Facial-Expressions.html

Attached are the symbols from that web page...In English, they are
called Wrinkles...What is a wrinkle in French? I don't know...I
looked it up on Alta Vista translation service, and they said...SKIN
WRINKLES is RIDES DE PEAU in French...SMILE... actually a smile
creates those skin-wrinkles on the side of the mouth...so smile, and
then look at yourself in the mirror! ;-)))

They give a feeling to some Facial Expressions in SignWriting...the
Wrinkles can be used for several different facial expressions...not
just smiling...but frowning too...Val ;-)