[sw-l] Sign for Leprechaun?

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Wed Feb 2 19:14:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Charles Butler <chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Such are the beauties of mythological creatures.  Making "small person
> in green with pointy ears" might make leprechaun, but I'm not Irish.  I
> will be curious to know.

Sandy's message may have been intended for Shane alone but I too would
like to know what lexical borrowing (into BSL) LEPRECHAUN would become. ;-)

Having had discussions with my work colleagues today about signs for
gender orientation and then immediately afterwards two separate students I
support wanting those very signs (had to resort to some creative
productive lexicon work) and also recently dicussing with colleagues a
suitable sign for aborigine only to discover later that colleguages in
other colleges were discussing a requriement for that same sign at the
same time I'm now expecting to have to sign LEPRECHAUN tomorrow morning at
9AM. ;-)

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!