[sw-l] CZECH...Handshapes needed...

Thu Feb 3 04:45:51 UTC 2005

Honza wrote:
> Sorry for writing so often, but could you help me to fing this
> handshapes?
>
> 1) It is like "5" but middle figer is up (90°) (pointing to you if you
> can see palm.
> 2) like 1) but big finger touches middle finger
>
> I hope it is understendable
> I won't bother you next month :)

----------------------

That is ok, Honza...I am glad you are using SignWriting and it will
become automatic after awhile...Now the problem is, can I understand
the handshapes you want by your word description above? What do you
mean by the BIG finger?

Here is the terminology we use:

Thumb
Index Finger
Middle Finger
Ring Finger
Baby Finger

and the hands are based on ACTION fingers...when you are trying to find
a handshape...think to yourself...What fingers create the meaning, or
ACTION, to that handshape? Let us take your first one above. I believe
you are saying that the Middle Finger is doing the ACTION? Then look at
our 10 Groups of Handshapes in this diagram again, and you can see that
Group 8 is all the hands that use the Middle Finger in some way...Click
there to look...