[sw-l] CZECH...Handshapes needed...

Thu Feb 3 04:37:08 UTC 2005

> Honza, where have you found these hand shapes I was looking for? :-)
> They are A-letter (fist) hand shapes, with thumb variations. Lucyna

Lucy & Honza - The hands are grouped based on the numbers 1 through 10
in ASL...The Thumb is the last group of hands, because the number 10 in
ASL uses the thumb...That works well for anyone who has ever visited
the US or knows someone from the US and knows the counting from 1 to 10
in ASL...so when you are trying to find a handshape, think of the ASL
numbers 1-10...I know, of course, that every sign language in the world
has a different counting system...There are very few that are the
same!...but I am just trying to explain how this grouping works...And
if you both can be patient and give me a chance to teach you, after
awhile you will understand the logic...

Please look at this diagram...And I will be back online tomorrow
afternoon again - Have a wonderful morning everyone!