[sw-l] interesting facts about the Deaf wanted

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Mon Feb 7 09:40:40 UTC 2005

Hello List!
On February 16 or so I will give a lecture on the Deaf worldwide (mainly on the Deaf of Europe) at the University of Warsaw. I will speak what I learned about the Deaf of different European counties last year, when writing articles on them for Swiat Ciszy, the Polish magazine for the Deaf. I have written articles on the Deaf in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Germany, now I am about to write about the Deaf in Iceland. But for the February lecture I would like also to gather interesting facts about the Deaf in these of other countries. I usually use Internet as the source of such information about the Deaf. But I know that many interestesing facts (curiosities, newness, titbits) are not published anywhere. Anyone of the List willing to share such stuff with, please write a private email to me, unless the others would like to read about these facts here (but I remember this is a List for SignWriting issues).
I will appreciate your help.
Lucyna

GG 3618151 SMS +48505273292